Check Your Car Insurance Coverage This Holiday Season
How your next party could affect your car insurance Atlanta, GA policy.
The holiday season will be here before you know it, which means your calendar will be filling up with parties. If you are planning on hosting your own party this season, it is important to make sure that you know how to keep everyone safe during the celebration. Keep these party host responsibilities and your car insurance Atlanta, GA policy in mind to ensure that your party does not end in a disaster.
If you will be serving alcohol at your party, you need to know about social host laws. Social host laws state that the liability of alcohol consumption extends beyond the person who is drinking to whoever provided the alcohol. If someone leaves your party and crashes their car, you can be responsible for the damages and injuries that are caused. You can also be held responsible if one of your guests is injured from a slip or fall after drinking?a couple too many cocktails.
To help avoid any social host law issues, keep these tips in mind.
- Hold your party at a commercial venue that has a liquor license so that they will assume the risk of serving alcohol.
- Never trust guests to pour their own drinks. Instead, hire a professional bartender who will be able to recognize if a guest has had too much to drink.
- Provide plenty of food and non-alcoholic beverages to help slow down the rate of intoxication.
- Have everyone turn in their car keys at the beginning of the party. If a guest has too much to drink, call them a cab instead of allowing them to drive home.
- If you are headed to a party, do not drink and drive. Have a sober designated driver to get you home and avoid an expensive claim to your car insurance Atlanta, GA policy.
For all of your Georgia insurance needs to ensure that you are covered from any issues with party host responsibilities this season, contact Velox Insurance.