Fall Car Maintenance
As summer comes to an end, it is time to get your car ready for the dropping temperatures. With new hazards on the road during the fall, knowing how to keep your car safe can help to ensure that you do not not have to deal with any serious issues this season. Keep these fall auto care tips in mind!
- Check the charging system and battery in your car. If you have had the same battery for more than three years, you may want to consider replacing it with a new one. Even if you do not replace your battery, make sure that all the connections are tight, clean, and free of any corrosion.
- Take a look at your tires and make sure that there is no excessive or uneven wear and that you have plenty of tread. It is also the perfect time to get your tires rotated and aligned to keep them working their best for years to come.
- Check your rotors, brake linings, and drums for signs of any wear. Also, make sure that all fluid levels are where they are supposed to be.
- Test your windshield wiper blades to make sure that they are working properly. Wiper blades should be replaced every six months to keep them working their best. This is also the perfect time to fill up the windshield washer fluid reservoir.
- Test your HVAC system to make sure that your heater is working properly. Replace the air filters as well to ensure a strong flow of air.
While getting your car ready for the fall, it is the perfect time to look over your car insurance policy to make sure that you have the coverage that you deserve. Contact the insurance professionals at Velox Insurance for all of your car insurance coverage needs in Atlanta, Georgia.