Velox Insurance, an independent insurance agency with over 32 branch offices throughout the U.S., is now licensed to quote and sell insurance in Alabama and Tennessee. Residents in those states can now obtain multiple insurance quotes from the top insurance carriers directly from the Velox Insurance website. Continue reading
Give back to your community during National Blood Donor Month!
January is National Blood Donor Month! In 1970, National Blood Donor Month came into being due to a blood shortage. Today, this month is a time to recognize the heroes in your community or become one yourself! Every pint donated saves up to three lives, so get out and donate! Here’s what you should know about blood donation.
Before you decide to head over to blood bank, make sure that you’re eligible to give! Restrictions are placed to ensure both you and recipients of your blood stay healthy.
- Age. Most states will let you donate at age 17, with a few that will allow 16-year-old donors. Parent consent is necessary for minors.
- Weight. You must be at least 110lbs in order to donate. Any lighter, and donating could be harmful to your health!
- Travel. If you’ve traveled recently you may be ineligible to donate. Certain regions pose a risk for illness that affects the blood like malaria.
- Tattoos & Piercings. If you’ve gotten a tattoo or piercing recently, hold off on donating. Health officials want to make sure you don’t have any infections before you donate.
- Medications. Certain medications may prevent you from being able to donate. Check before you go.
- General health. You must be in good health to donate. If you’ve been feeling under the weather, hold off on donating until you feel better.
Be sure to check the eligibility requirements for more specifics on donor restrictions.
Once you’re ready to donate, you’ll go through the following process.
- Registration. When you arrive you’ll need to check in and fill out a few forms.
- Health Check Up. Just to double check that you’re in good health, you’ll undergo a mini-physical and will have to review your health history.
- Donation. It’s a quick process and sterile equipment is always used!
- Snacks. After you donate, you’ll get snacks and drinks to ensure you refuel.
Velox Insurance supports the local community and encourages you to get involved this month. Located in Atlanta, Georgia, we serve all your vehicle and property insurance needs! Contact us for more information.
Velox Insurance continues its expansion in Georgia with the launch of two new offices. The newest locations will bring Velox Insurance’s affordable coverage and superior customer service to the Rome and Macon communities. Continue reading
It’s official! The team at Velox is proud to announce that their brand new insurance app is now available in iTunes and Google Play. Ever since they were established back in 2003, they have made it their mission to provide the highest quality insurance services possible, by providing a convenient and affordable insurance shopping experience. With the advent of this app, customers will be able to access Velox for all their needs, easier than ever before!
When you open this app on your smartphone, you will find an easy to navigate menu, with the follow options: Continue reading
When it comes to delivering the very best in insurance services and customer care, the team at Velox makes it’s a priority to exceed expectations and deliver 100% each and every day. With 25 locations throughout Georgia, and 1 location in Indiana, we are excited to expand our reach and make it possible for more customers to get affordable coverage and a great value on any of their insurance needs. Continue reading
The year 2014 promises to be an exciting year for Velox Insurance. The company has kicked off the year with a brand new location in McDonough with plans of further expansion and additional store openings through the upcoming quarters. Continue reading
Velox Insurance, one of Georgia’s leading insurance agencies, announced today the launch of its new and improved website.
The new veloxinsurance.com provides users with an even better online insurance buying experience. Continue reading
We are proud to announce that our latest addition to our billboard campaigns is now ready for viewing! Check out the Veloxter announcing our superior rates on I-75 South close to exit 265. In addition to our billboard on I-75, we have we have 3 billboards in Kennesaw (41N before McCollum), Marietta (Austell Rd. at county services parkway) and Douglasville (Fairburn road at Durelee Lane).
Visit us online at VeloxInsurance.com.