The success of a motorcycle accident claim depends largely on several factors. For one, if the motorcycle rider wants to be paid by the other party’s insurance they must prove that the accident and the injury happened because of the recklessness of the other driver involved in the accident. When it comes to no-fault auto insurance, the rules and regulations are different from one state to another.
Get the best rates on your life insurance!
Life insurance is a necessary investment to keep your family safe. In the event that you’re no longer around to take care of your loved ones, your life insurance will ease any financial burdens. But too many people put off buying life insurance for fear of life insurance being too expensive. Lower your life insurance rates with these helpful tips.
The earlier you start investing in life insurance, the more you’ll save! As a young, healthy person, your risk is lower. While rates, may increase as you age, you may save more than if you were to take out a policy when you’re older.
Eat well, exercise, and get plenty of sleep. Sure, your doctor has probably told you the same thing, but doing so may save you money on your life insurance. Often, a medical exam is required when purchasing life insurance and when you have pre-existing conditions or health risk factors, you may pay a higher premium. The healthier you are, the more you’ll save.
Practice safe habits.
Hold off on the skydiving and cage diving. The less risky behavior you engage in, the lower your rates tend to be. Practice safe driving and avoid extreme, adrenaline-pumping activities. You may be able to save a little extra on your life insurance policy.
If you already have insurance policies, consider taking out life insurance with the same company. When you bundle your insurance, you often get extra discounts.
Make sure to save on your life insurance policy. The professionals at Velox Insurance can help! Located in Atlanta, Georgia, we serve all your vehicle and property insurance needs! Contact us for more information.
Protect your home with flood insurance!
Weather patterns have been extreme recently. From extreme cold to heavy rains, natural disasters have been on the rise throughout the country. Make sure your home is protected from disaster damage with the right insurance. Contrary to popular belief, homeowners insurance doesn’t cover most natural disasters. Be sure to get flood insurance, and know the facts about qualifying for flood insurance.
Myth: Flood insurance is only for homeowners.
Fact: There’s a common misconception that flood insurance is only available if a mortgage broker requires it, but it’s not true. In reality, most anyone can buy flood insurance in NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program) communities. It’s for homeowners, renters, and business owners.
Myth: High-risk areas prevent you from getting coverage.
Fact: As long as you’re in a NFIP area, you qualify for flood insurance. The program results from government initiatives to make flood insurance assessable to the public.
Myth: Homeowners insurance will cover flooding.
Fact: Homeowners insurance does not cover flooding. You’ll need a separate flood policy. Be sure to look into exactly what your homeowners insurance policy covers. You may need additional coverage for other disasters, too.
Myth: If you have a history of flood damage, then you don’t qualify for a policy.
Fact: As long as your community is part of NFPI, then you’re able to get flood insurance. You definitely should invest in flood insurance if you’ve experienced flooding before.
Myth: Federal programs will help offset flood damage.
Fact: In order for government assistance to take effect, the flooding must be declared a Federal Disaster Area. However, the majority of floods are not deemed disasters. Therefore, you’re responsible for disasters. Even if Federal disaster coverage is provided, it doesn’t cover nearly as much as a flood insurance policy does, and you must buy insurance after the fact for future disaster relief.
Make sure you’re covered with flood insurance. The professionals at Velox Insurance can help you find the best insurance! Located in Atlanta, Georgia, we serve all your vehicle and property insurance needs! Contact us for more information.
Celebrate Valentine’s Day on a budget!
The traditional Valentine’s Day dinner at a romantic, fancy restaurant is overrated AND expensive. You can still celebrate Valentine’s Day with the ones you love, but there’s no reason to spend your life savings creating a memorable moment. Check out these ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day on a budget.
Stay in for movie night.
You could go out to the movies, but crowds and exurbanite ticket prices make staying in all the more appealing. Pop the popcorn, and get your Netflix account ready! A movie night at home is an enjoyable and affordable way to spend Valentine’s Day.
Play a game.
From poker to Monopoly, games can be great way to spend Valentine’s Day. They’re perfect for couples or big groups and the best part is that you don’t have to spend a dime to have a great time.
A shared experience often brings couples closer together. Consider spending the afternoon cooking together. Don’t know how to cook? No problem! Check out a cooking tutorial on YouTube and enjoy a private cooking class in the comfort of your own home.
Mysteries of the night sky allude to a sense of endless possibilities, including love. There’s something romantic about looking out into the night sky, making it a great Valentine’s Day date. Bring lots of blankets, hot beverages, and spend the night stargazing.
Volunteer for a great cause.
Why limit your love and compassion to your significant other? Spread love through your whole community this Valentine’s Day. Choose an organization that interests you and volunteer.
Protect the ones you love this Valentine’s Day with insurance. The professionals at Velox Insurance can help find you the best insurance! Located in Atlanta, Georgia, we serve all your vehicle and property insurance needs! Contact us for more information.
Give back to your community during National Blood Donor Month!
January is National Blood Donor Month! In 1970, National Blood Donor Month came into being due to a blood shortage. Today, this month is a time to recognize the heroes in your community or become one yourself! Every pint donated saves up to three lives, so get out and donate! Here’s what you should know about blood donation.
Before you decide to head over to blood bank, make sure that you’re eligible to give! Restrictions are placed to ensure both you and recipients of your blood stay healthy.
- Age. Most states will let you donate at age 17, with a few that will allow 16-year-old donors. Parent consent is necessary for minors.
- Weight. You must be at least 110lbs in order to donate. Any lighter, and donating could be harmful to your health!
- Travel. If you’ve traveled recently you may be ineligible to donate. Certain regions pose a risk for illness that affects the blood like malaria.
- Tattoos & Piercings. If you’ve gotten a tattoo or piercing recently, hold off on donating. Health officials want to make sure you don’t have any infections before you donate.
- Medications. Certain medications may prevent you from being able to donate. Check before you go.
- General health. You must be in good health to donate. If you’ve been feeling under the weather, hold off on donating until you feel better.
Be sure to check the eligibility requirements for more specifics on donor restrictions.
Once you’re ready to donate, you’ll go through the following process.
- Registration. When you arrive you’ll need to check in and fill out a few forms.
- Health Check Up. Just to double check that you’re in good health, you’ll undergo a mini-physical and will have to review your health history.
- Donation. It’s a quick process and sterile equipment is always used!
- Snacks. After you donate, you’ll get snacks and drinks to ensure you refuel.
Velox Insurance supports the local community and encourages you to get involved this month. Located in Atlanta, Georgia, we serve all your vehicle and property insurance needs! Contact us for more information.
New Year Resolutions for a healthy new year!
As we look to the new year, we see a fresh start! Get a more productive jump on 2016 with these healthy new year resolution ideas!
Work. Eat. Sleep. Repeat. Our busy lives tend to leave little time for ourselves. Not only does it make life more stressful, but it prevents you from spending time with family and friends. These habits are bad for your health, because stress increases your risk for serious illness such as heart disease and obesity. In the new year make more time for yourself. Take time to spend with friends and family. In fact, socializing is good for you! It helps reduce stress and people who socialize more often tend to live longer!
Rather than making a resolution to lose weight, simply try cooking more often. Ordering food is quick, but you don’t have much control over how your food is prepared and it likely isn’t made to be healthful. When you cook, you retake control over what you’re consuming. If you’re pressed for time, try preparing all your meals on Sunday night. Then you’re all set for the week ahead!
Enjoy the Great Outdoors.
Most of us sit for the majority of the day. We sit at a desk, sit in a car, and sit on a couch. Get up and move in the new year! What better way to do that than exploring the outdoors? Physical activity will help reduce your risk of obesity and heart disease while the sunshine gives you a healthy does of vitamin D!
Chances are you probably aren’t as optimistic as you could be. Change your mindset in the new year! The more optimistic you are, the better you’ll feel! People with happier outlooks on life have lower risk for depression and anxiety.
Filling up doesn’t have to mean emptying your wallet.
Even though gas prices are dropping, a full tank can still easily cost much more than you want to pay. Unless you have a completely electric car, there is no way to avoid paying for gas. To start saving money on gas, keep these tips in mind.
- Look for discounts – some gas stations have partnered with grocery stores to offer discounts. Some gas stations will also offer discounts if you fill up on certain days or buy a car wash with your full tank.
- Use the right credit card – credit card companies have started offering a percentage off for each fuel transaction you make. For example, Discover Card offers 5 percent cash back when you use the card at a gas station.
- Keep your foot light – a lead foot can drain your gas tank much faster than if you follow the speed limit. Most cars are not designed to be as fuel efficient at high speeds.
- Go online – instead of getting in your car each time you need to go buy something, see if you can get the same item online. Along with saving on gas, it could also save big on money and time.
- Look for cheap prices – download a gas finding app to help you find the cheapest gas prices in your area.
- Carpool – find out if any of your co-workers live nearby and start a carpool with them. Even if you don’t live near any co-workers, your neighbor may work close enough to make a carpool plan with them!
- Check your tires – properly inflated tires will help you get the best fuel efficiency out of your car.
Working with the right auto repair shop will help keep your car in tip-top shape.
Getting into car accident is nobody’s idea of a good time. The whole situation can be even more bothersome if you have to work with the wrong body shop. Finding a reputable body shop can help to make sure that your car is up and running in no time. Keep these tips to help you find the right auto repair shop.
- Start looking before you need one – most people do not think about looking for an auto repair shop until it is necessary. Taking the time to research different auto repair shops while your car is still in good condition can give you the time that you need to find the right one since you won’t be rushed.
- Find out if they are certified – ask each shop if they are members of an association, such as NAPA, AAA, or Automotive Service Association. Also check if the technicians who will be working on your vehicle are certified.
- Ask for references – ask for references from the auto shop. If there are any people in the waiting room, ask them why they chose that body shop and if they have been there before.
- Know if they guarantee their work – ask about any warranties they offer on the work that they do. If they do, make sure to get the guarantee in writing so that there is no confusion down the line if you have issues.
- Ask then they opened – if the shop has been open for man years and is active in the community, it is a good sign. While there is nothing wrong with working with a new shop, established shops can show up a better track record.
Having the right auto insurance coverage can help to ensure that you have the coverage that you need when choosing the right body shop. For all of your car insurance needs, contact the insurance professionals at Velox Insurance in Atlanta, Georgia.
Steps for a safe and successful deep-fried turkey.
You may have decided to jump on the deep-fat-frying turkey trend that is due to blitz the nation this Thanksgiving. Many people have been enjoying the speed of deep-frying a turkey, not to mention the irresistible flavor and juiciness!
Unfortunately, frying the holiday bird can be high risk. The hot oil has been known to spark numerous fires and cause serious injuries when used irresponsibly or incorrectly.
Take precaution for yourself, your guests, and your home with these tips:
- Place outdoor dryers off decks, out of garages, and a safe distance away from other structures.
- Fully thaw the turkey before cooking.
- Avoid moving the fryer once it’s in use.
- Leave 2 feet between the tank and the burner when using a propane-powered fryer.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to avoid overfilling.
- Pick a smaller turkey for frying for ultimate safety and the best results.
- Always wear eye protection, oven mitts over your hands, and keep a grease-rated fire extinguisher close by.
- Keep pets and children away from the fryer at all times!
- Let the oil cool down naturally overnight before disposing it.
- Never leave fryers unattended!
Fryers can be extremely dangerous so the best way to prevent a fire on the Thanksgiving Day is to carry caution during the process of frying.
Before Thanksgiving cooking is a good time to review your homeowners insurance to ensure that you have optimum coverage for your home. Contact Velox Insurance in Atlanta, Georgia for the best policy and price for you!
Stay safe over the holiday with reliable auto insurance in Atlanta, GA.
How are you spending your Thanksgiving Day? Perhaps you’re heading to Grandma’s cottage, your friend’s lake house, or a city event. It is estimated that more than 40 million Americans will be traveling a minimum of 50 miles to for Thanksgiving celebrations.
While we look forward to spending time with friends and family on this day, travel can quickly grind our plans to a halt. Before you hit the road this Thanksgiving, review these tips for the ultimate travel safety!
- Leave work early. Consider using your vacation time to leave a couple of days early or get back later so that you miss most
- Take a long way. Take an alternative route that is less likely to be full of other drivers. Enjoy the scenic drive!
- Charge up. If possible, ensure that you have your charging cords for your smartphone and navigation system so that you’ll never be lost!
- Supply snacks. So that you are not making lots of pit stops, pack snacks and water!
- Remember coins. You may approach toll booths, so be prepared.
- Car check-up: Have your local mechanic inspect your car to be sure that the car is in good working order.
- Rest! For those who are driving long distances, ensure that you periodically stop to stretch your legs.
- Avoid distracted driving: Always focus on the road. Never eat, send texts, or make phone calls while driving!
- Keep a safe distance: Leave enough space in between you and the car in front. If there is adverse weather, leave more room as your stopping distance can be doubled.
- Remain calm: Don’t drive with road rage!
Additionally, take the time to review your auto insurance before you hit the road. You may consider adding breakdown coverage or increasing your other coverages prior to taking a long trip.
Luckily, Velox Insurance provides you with all of your auto insurance in Atlanta, GA. Contact us today to get started!